The Case for Content Identification: Supporting New Business Models and Effectively Managing Key Business Assets (Registration Closed)
Original Broadcast Date: Monday, 7 June 2010
Greg Wiley | Media Science International
Mike Petrocelli | Civolution
While the ease and speed with which digital content circulates across the Internet has provided unprecedented opportunities for both creators and consumers, it also presents a major issue: Once content makes its way to the Web — whether it’s a photograph, book, document, song, TV show, or movie — it can be immediately viewed by anyone and subjected to appropriation by well-meaning and unscrupulous users alike. In addition to the loss of control over their content, creators and distributors lack visibility in how and where the content is being accessed and consumed, which is essential for establishing new business models that benefit all stakeholders — content owners, distributors and consumers.
The use of digital watermarking provides the means to communicate ownership and usage rights, as well as track where the content is going and how consumers are accessing it. This enables many new and enhanced consumer experiences with a wealth of data to support new business models for the future.
During this free, hour-long webcast, you can expect to learn:
- The importance of content identification in today’s digital world
- What is required for digital content to reach its full potential
- How content identification through digital watermarking can benefit consumers, copyright owners, brands and distributors
- How content owners can leverage the power of content identification to provide their consumers with new and personalized rich media experiences
- New consumer experiences made possible by effective content identification
We encourage you to join us for this informative webcast. To ensure this webcast is time well spent, we invite you to submit your question(s) ahead of time so we can cover the information you want to know. If you have a question you would like answered, please include it in the form below. Please note, we will also field questions asked during the course of the webcast.
REGISTER TO VIEW THIS ARCHIVED WEBCAST
Please Note: This Webcast is No Longer Available